14 Mar 2005
Make Your Own Hair Perfume
By Beverly Smith
It is pleasant to perfume the hair after washing it when the hair is half dry. The following ingredients are required to make this fragrant perfume.
* 6 tablespoons powdered charcoal
* 5 tablespoons powders myrrh
* 1 tablespoon powdered benzoin
* 1 tablespoon potassium nitrate
* 2-3 drops oil of bergamot
* 2-3 drops of sandalwood
* mucilage of tragacanth
Mix the powders together and sieve, and then add the oils. Add the potassium nitrate, and then sufficient mucilage of tragacanth to make a stiff paste. Heat the mixture over a water bath and then make into little cones and dry. Just light one of the cones and let the smoke go into the damp hair. The smell is highly aromatic and exotic.